3. Velocity Publishing, Inc. respects customer privacy and the privacy of those accessing our website, or those websites hosted by us. We undertake to protect the confidentiality of our customers and users including all personal information supplied in the course of contracting with us for services. We undertake not to sell your personal information to third parties for commercial or marketing purposes.
Collection of Personal Data
4. Velocity Publishing, Inc. collects personal data about our users when you visit a website hosted by us; purchase our products; respond to a customer questionnaire; and through the use of cookie technology. We may also combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from our business partners or affiliates.
Use of Personal Data
5. Velocity Publishing, Inc. may on occasion use your personal information to contact you about promotional offers; advise you of matters relevant to service provision and in some cases, solicit your feedback.
6. However, Velocity Publishing, Inc. will provide you with an option within every communication to opt out of receiving any communications of this nature or you can contact our customer contact center to ensure that you do not receive such promotional information.
7. Velocity Publishing, Inc. collects and shares aggregated user data with business partners, sponsors or other third parties for the purposes of developing content and ensuring relevant advertising and content, such user data will never be used to identify individual users. These business partners and affiliated companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
8. Velocity Publishing, Inc. may log the websites you visit; collect IP addresses and information about your operating system and the type of browser you use for the purposes of network/system administration; to report aggregate information to our advertisers, and to audit the use of our site. This data however will not be used to identify individual users who will at all times remain anonymous.
9. Any information Velocity Publishing, Inc. collects from you through correspondence with us, whether via e-mail, telephonically or by written letter, will only be used to address the matters within that correspondence. If this requires referring such correspondence within Velocity Publishing, Inc. or to a third party to ensure customer service, your personal information will only be disclosed to the point necessary to address your query or concerns, and will otherwise be kept confidential.
Praise given becomes the property of Velocity Publishing, Inc.
and may be used for promotional purposes, without specifically identifying
any individual's last name, as only first name and last initial will be used.
Public Space (Bulletin Boards or Third-Party Sites)
10. Any information that customers disclose in a public space, including on any bulletin board, chat room or any site Velocity Publishing, Inc. may host for you, is available to anyone else who visits that space. Velocity Publishing, Inc. cannot safeguard any information you disclose there.
Reservation of Rights
12. Velocity Publishing, Inc. reserves the right to disclose information about customers where required in good faith, to do so by law or to exercise our legal rights or defend ourselves against legal claims.
13. Velocity Publishing, Inc. further reserves the right to share information with law enforcement to investigate or prevent illegal activities being committed over our network.
14. Velocity Publishing, Inc. reserves our rights to disclose your personal information where you have given us explicit legal written consent to do so.
15. Velocity Publishing, Inc. reserves the right to monitor user and network traffic for site security purposes and prevent any unauthorized attempts to tamper with our site or cause damage to our property.